I use the Black Magic tan system – in my opinion the best available on the market (and used on Dancing with the Stars).
I currently carry eight different bases and development times, from green base, chocolate, caramel, and violet to complement your skin tone. Your consultation will determine which base is right for you.
Preparation for your tan
Tanning prep is of the utmost importance. Following these steps will ensure you have a longer lasting, even tan.
- If you wax, try to have that done 48 hours before your tan to ensure all pores have closed up. If you shave then the day before is best.
- Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate, especially if you have dry skin on your legs. Exfoliating removes dead skin cells and by removing these cells you will get an even tan that lasts a lot longer. Please note: oily scrubs or shower oils will leave an oily film that acts as a barrier to your tan, so avoid these for at least 48 hours and use mitts or loofah to exfoliate.
- On the day of your tan, please arrive free of make-up, moisturisers and deodorant, make-up and moisturisers will mean an uneven tan, and deodorant mixed with tanning solution turns green.
- Wear loose fitting dark clothing, you can wear your own dark undies if you wish or we supply disposables.
- If it’s raining on the day of your tan, wear your loosest clothing, making sure it covers you completely, wear closed-in loose shoes and bring an umbrella.